Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Veggie Tales in Vail - Day 2

Feb 15, 2005


Well, it was our first day on the slopes, and the word of the day for Sheila is

COLD

The snow on the hill was excellent, it was a blizzard all day as you can see from this picture of me at the top of 'Giant Steps'

Wheelchair Ramp


I ventured to the 'Extreme Terain' area for a while while Sheila warmed up in the lodge... complete white out, couldn't see at all (probably for the best - if you don't see the cliff, it can't hurt you right?)


While Sheila shivered, I found myself getting a bit warm, so I had to shed a few layers.


There were horses parked at our hotel when we returned... they were getting ready for some sort of carriage rides in the village (though I can't understand why anybody would want to ride around behind a horse). Sheila warmed up by (pracically in) the fireplace. The room hasn't been made up yet, though it is still early (5:30pm). We go to a nice Indian restaurant (Nepal actually) for supper. Excellent cuisine.


Return from the restaurant, still no sign of any house-keeping... the response from the desk is surprise though I think they do it on purpose...

No comments: