Thursday, February 24, 2005

Veggie Tales in Vail - Day 4

Feb 17, 2005


Bright and sunny day this morning... woke up from a nice 10 hour nap. I now have 5 blisters on my feet. Temp is 7 degrees Fahrenheit... Sheila is all bundled up.


We took the bus to the slope today (rather than enduring the 4 or so block walk). There was a small German boy on the bus crying endlessly about not wanting to ski... his mother could not placate him. I worry that Sheila may use this tactic. We get off the bus, and stroll to our local breakfast nook of choice, although they had difficulty getting the "two" orders of toast right.


Sheila is complaining that she is hot. We begin by skiing in some of our familiar areas again today, then venture off to new territory after lunch. We finally get to see the beauty of the view from the top.


Mountain View



Sheila decides that she is tired, and would like to rest in the lodge for a while, I hit the 'back bowls'.


Sheila near Lodge


As I make my way to the 'Blue Sky Basin', I accidently do some cliff jumping... gets the heart pumping, that's for sure. The snow is great, I enter the 'Extreme Terrain' areas... turns out that means cliffs and trees. They have trails posted, but I don't think there actually are any. I quickly (within an hour) become 'knackered', so I head back to the lodge to retrieve Sheila. When I get there, I can see her through the window, but the lodge is closed (and locked). I missed it by 5 minutes (likely due to the fact that I was trapped for 20 minutes on a stopped chair lift).


We return to our hotel to be greeted by our still dirty glasses... alas, the vacation is nearly complete. We finish it off at an Asian restaurant (they serve Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food) with a bottle of warm Sake. Fly home tomorrow.

No comments: