Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Great Race - view from the WaterBoy



MVG and I were scheduled to run in the great race on Sept 25. Unfortunately, I injured my leg 10 days prior to the race, so I could not run... I played the role of a WaterBoy for the runners at the finish line (passing out hundreds of bottles of water, before going home and passing out myself).

It was a perfect day for the run. There were 16 runners from Initech in the race (including MVG, Mrs. Fit and my Alter Ego). MVG did very well in the run, finishing the 10k (6.2 miles) in under 60 minutes, taking the "fastest female at Initech" award. There were about 8,000 runners in the race, it was quite a sight to see. Perhaps next year we will both be in it (if I don't overtrain and injure myself again).


P.S. My leg is scheduled to be better by mid October... in case you were wondering.

No comments: